Saturday, September 03, 2005

Drunk Post #2

Well, here I am after a successful SPiro show. WE played tonight at the wonderful Nautical Bean, a nice place, I guess though the stage was pretty much a time-out corner with a microphone. It went really well, and we played great, and the audience was great nad evnerything was just (can you guess?) great. Which is a good feeling being merely two gigs from the dreaded WMAs. Poop on them.

AFter the show, Ryan (the other half of Spiro), Katie (his wife), and myself went out for grub and drinks. ANd drinks we did and that is why I post now. Because I can and I haven't done one of these in awhile. Now give me a minute as I think of something to sayh in this state.

My next real post wil be quite interesting, I think. Nothing as controversial as the last one, but just interesting. I"m not done with the minimal amount of research I want to do before Ijump into it. IT's going to be a history post, dealing with Ancient Rome because I have recently been exposed to a wonderful History channel DVD collection dealing with Rome and Julius Caesar, especially, and also the premiere of the new HBO show Rome. The show was alright, but hopefully the writing will get stronger as it progresses. Unfortunately the first episode really seemed like a standard Xena/Hercules episode but with naked ladies and some pretty hardcore bloodshed.

Anyway, I'm done for now. I like September more than August because it's better. No offense, Andrew.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your have a great blog. I enjoy reading the stories on your site. I was thinking of writing about auto insurance quote check out my site about auto insurance quote

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a Debt consolidation loan site/blog. It pretty much covers Debt consolidation loan related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Eben said...

Hey is you want a feee ipod click here!

HELP EBEN GET A FREE IPOD

Eben said...

"the audience was great nad..."

DCVB said...

Hey, "nad" is just "dan" backwards...add that to the existential equation.

DCVB said...

Wow, those are the first 2 advertisement blogs I've gotten. I think I'm going to leave them just to mark the occasion.

Ryan said...

Dude, you had two drinks...There's no excuse for such reproachful grammar. You better have had a couple nightcaps before you wrote that. But we did rock, didn't we.

andy said...

I'd like to comment that Dan posted at 1:04 am. The is approximately seventeen hours ago. And he has seven comments. Sure, two of them are adverts and two of them are Dan, but I must really say Dan can turn around a crowd on this little hole in the web.

By the way, Dan, I suggest you "codeword" protect your commentator. I think it is abhorrent that people have turn weblogs into cheap ass adverts.

DCVB said...

Yes, I had continued for a bit after coming home...hence the little picture of Mr. Captain himself emerging from my head like the goddess Athena.

Thanks for the tip, Andrew. You are awesome.

The Phoenix said...

Dude...take it from my seedy past.

Don't drink and blog...do we need to have an intervention?

DCVB said...

I try not to make a habit of BUI, only to make an amusing diversion from the standard heavy fare that gets lobbed on the BoB playing field. That and to wake up the next morning and see just how many mistakes I did make.